Cancellation by RTO
If My Skills Institute (MSI) is responsible for cancelling a course, and no alternative dates have been provided to complete the course, students will be entitled to a full refund.
MSI initiated withdrawal or cancellation in a course
· When a student has made no contact with the MSI administration team, and MSI personnel have made attempts to contact the student regarding their training and assessment, and the enrolment end date has lapsed, then the student will be considered withdrawn from the course.
· MSI will provide the student with a written notification that the student has been withdrawn from the course. There will be no refund of any course fees paid for an MSI initiated withdrawal or cancellation in a course. To continue with the course, the student would need to re-enrol in the course.
· In extreme hardship or extenuating circumstances preventing participation in the course, an application can be made to the Operations Manager for a refund. However, applying does not guarantee a full or partial refund.
Changes to agreed services
Where there are any changes to the agreed training and assessment services, MSI will advise the student as soon as practicable, including any new third-party arrangements, or changes to existing third-party arrangements, and any changes in MSI ownership.
1)Student-initiated withdrawal or cancellation:
Student-initiated withdrawal or cancellation in a course.
When a student amends their re-enrolment or enrolment status, the following details apply:
· If written advice is received by an MSI facility more than seven (7) days prior to course commencement, from a student requesting a withdrawal, or cancellation in a course, MSI will make a full refund of any pre-paid course fees within four (4) weeks of receipt of written cancellation.
· Students who give a notice to cancel their enrolment fees less than seven (7) days prior to the commencement of a program/course will be entitled to 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by MSI is required to cover the cost of staff and resources that have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training. Enrolments into short courses (one day) can also be transferred to an alternative date when there is one available.
· Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
· In case of extreme hardship or extenuating circumstances preventing participation in the course, an application can be made to the Operations Manager for a refund. However, applying does not guarantee a full or partial refund.
2) Other costs at students own expense:
Students must consider any other expenses they may incur at enrolment and participation. These costs will not be reimbursed to the student.
· RPL application.
· Assessment resubmission.
· Resit Fee.
· Transcript replacement.
· Travel to and from the training location.
· Uniform and PPE requirements; unless outlined as provided in the course information.
· Any fees associated with withdrawal from a course.
· Graduation tickets or licences.
Students can apply for a refund by obtaining a Credit or Refund Request Form (MFOF001) from the administration and filling in their details. The amount for a refund will only be credited back to the card or account used in the original payment.
Requests are not guaranteed for a full or partial refund, this will be at the discretion of the Operations Manager after all aspects of a review has been undertaken. Students will be notified via email of the outcome of their refund request. Refund decisions can be appealed as per the Complaints and Appeals Policy (MPOL056) by lodging an Appeals Lodgement Form (MFOO002). These forms are available from administration or contact email@example.com
When a refund has been granted, it could take up to four (4) weeks for the funds to be repaid unless management has authorised an early payment to take place.
Standard for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 – Clauses 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4.
MFOF001 – Credit or Refund Request Form
MFOO002 – Appeals Lodgement Form
MPOL056 – Complaints and Appeals Policy